Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Technicolour, Your Next Super-8 Camera...???

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1363966486

    It's a Zeiss Ikon Moviflex S8 Voigtlander Super 8 Camera. (did they throw in some extra names or what!)

    It's basically a box with what I presume is a Zeiss lens on it!

    More Importantly, it has a manual dial for exposure control on the side, and filming speeds of either 18 or 24.

    It's so retro! And there's only one day left and it's selling real cheap so far!

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 05, 2002 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The lens looks great! Nice camera....you can just smell the family cookouts from the old days that the camera probably filmed! Mike

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mike, you might enjoy an animated short film called "Le Crac", it came out around the early to mid 80's...I think it won some kind of really big award.

    I believe "Le Crac" is French for "the chair".
    I bring it up because your post above about family cookouts and the Super-8 camera relates in a peculiar sort of way.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll have to check that out, Alex, thanks! Mike

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Crac won an Oscar in 1981 for best animated short film.

    Tango won in 1982, I saw both of those at Cal State Northridge at a Mike & Spike Animation Film Festival back in 1980 or 81. Neither had won Oscars yet.

    I thought they were really amazing films, as were a bunch more that were shown.

    Ooops, I'm reminising.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just thought I'd bump this.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member technicolour's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2001
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    Since my last post I've aquired a Cosina MS8000 which I think I told you about and also a Canon 514XL.

    I won a Agfa Movexoom 6 on ebay but unfortuently it had a fault with the light meter which is a real shame because the camera is in totally mint condition. The seller has been really nice about it though and has offered me a refund.

    My dream camera is still a 1014-XLS, *sigh* if only!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 1014-XLS is a nice camera..i've looked at it on Ebay, it seems to be a higher end/higher priced camera..it has much of the same features my Bell and Howell has, the Canon may have a more intuitive footage remaining counter. Nice camera to have!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member octopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2003
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    My apologies for changing gears...

    I am now the proud owner of a Bell & Howell 103 XL...complete with a roll of GAF Anscochrome II. (dated 1970)

    Not being one to watch things go to waste, I've inserted the film and am ready to shoot a practice roll.

    I've also E-bayed a Model #07300 Baia Instaview 120 viewer and editor.

    Is this a decent camera? What projectors do you guys recommend?

    I was thinking of perhaps a sound projector.

    Cheers,
    Jon

  10. #10
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Jon!

    You're on the outskirts of what I am familar with when dealing with Super-8. Maybe someone else can help?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •